FDSOI vs FinFET for RF applications
Planar FDSOI and FinFETs are two approaches to continue scaling. Both platforms offer improved electrostatic control of the charge in the channel but have their pros and cons from fabrication, digital, analogue and RF perspectives..
This module tackles :
- Basics of SOI, partially vs fully depleted
- Fabrication aspects of FDSOI and FinFETs
- Electrostatic and thermal aspects of the two platforms
- RF Figures of merit and their physical limits in both technologies
- Suitability of both platforms for RF applications